Independence Day

daveb47

Well i am well pleased this morning.

Brexit

Scameron going

Frothy  coffee with sugar & chip butty for brekky.....(not really allowed either)

And to cap it all a spitfire has flown low over here twice in 5 mins.

Well i was in for a long night last night happy for a night of viewing and watching us leave, however when they all came back saying IN was going to win, i turned off TV and went to bed at 2.30am not knowing what was unfolding till i got up at 7AM and was very happy but also very shocked, however one thing that has p1ssed me off big time is now we have made our choice everyone is telling us all the problems we are going to have, some i knew about some i didn't but WHY OH WHY could we not be given the facts by both sides before the vote instead of after, i mean i did look for facts but more chance of finding an honest member of parliament then true facts.

I say to the people who voted remain, don't blame the "OUT" voters blame the politicians for failing to give us facts instead of telling us the world is going to cave in and World War 3 is round the corner.

Lesson for ALL politicians tell the voters the truth and stop feeding us bullshit.

All1

From the other side of the pond, I must say that I was surprised by the vote.  I think it went the way it needed to for Great Britain to retain its' independence.  With Angela Merkel trying to set a quota of how many immigrants you have to take in is a crock of crap.  In the US right now our government is wanting to give our country away to whomever wants it.  I am afraid that if Clinton gets in, we will never survive.  Like you, we need to control our borders but our government is so full of bleeding heart liberals they seem to think that we can absorb the whole world.  Our infrastructure is overtaxed and falling apart, our debt is eating us alive and no one of the younger generation seems to realize that yes, the sky is indeed falling or they think the government is going to take care of them.  I am 67 years old and definitely am glad that I am not going to have to deal with what is going to happen to our country much longer.  You have been given a chance to show the world that you control your country and your future.  Make the most of it.  

Voted for Remain. Was, and still am (but now a bit calmer) really disappointed with the result. Not looking forward to the immediate future at all. As for the distant future, hope the risk pays off. Of course, we'll never know either way. 

Must say that, although voting for cons at the last general, Cameron has had his time. People say that his timing is lousy and that ironically we're going to end up with an un-elected PM, but think ultimately was the right thing to do. 

...didn't but WHY OH WHY could we not be given the facts by both sides before the vote instead of after, i mean i did look for facts but more chance of finding an honest member of parliament then true facts.

What facts? There are none. Unless you're Mystic Meg nobody knows the future. Legislation can change in 24hours, I mean, the register to vote deadline was extened... policies can change in a heart-beat. All I knew is that staying in would result in a more 'predicable' future. That's pretty much what I based my decision on. Quite a risk adverse person by nature. 

Time to get on with it I guess :)

Also, for what it's worth.. I don't actually think there should have been a referendum, seldom do I agree with anything that comes out of Noel Gallagher's mouth, but agree with him there.. Lots of the decisions I'm sure were based on silly reasons, the electorate are paid to make decisions like this for us :) 

What facts? There are none. Unless you're Mystic Meg nobody knows the future. Legislation can change in 24hours, I mean, the register to vote deadline was extened... policies can change in a heart-beat. All I knew is that staying in would result in a more 'predicable' future. That's pretty much what I based my decision on. Quite a risk adverse person by nature. 

Well to start with it would have been nice to have Moodys come and and say they WILL downgrade us if we leave, you see the problem is that politicians lie to us so often i trust nothing they say, also the poss breakup of the UK, NONE of this was spoken about we just had politicians talking about WW III and when that kind of thing comes out it's time to switch off, anyway it's been done, i think alot of people voted out due to immigration but i think they will be surprised i don't think the number will change that much and from what i see in London a lot of them have had kids here so i presume will have legal right to stay with their child in the UK, so people who voted out thinking millions will go will be shocked, just my 2ps worth

All1

Well to start with it would have been nice to have Moodys come and and say they WILL downgrade us if we leave, you see the problem is that politicians lie to us so often i trust nothing they say, also the poss breakup of the UK, NONE of this was spoken about we just had politicians talking about WW III and when that kind of thing comes out it's time to switch off, anyway it's been done, i think alot of people voted out due to immigration but i think they will be surprised i don't think the number will change that much and from what i see in London a lot of them have had kids here so i presume will have legal right to stay with their child in the UK, so people who voted out thinking millions will go will be shocked, just my 2ps worth

All1

Hmm, really don't want to get into a heated discussion (I'm trying to calm down lol, it's the weekend!) .. but I feel it's quite naive to intimate that people were not aware of the short to medium term damage to the economy. Pretty much the only thing everyone actually agreed on?  Downgrading the rating surely the inevitable consequence/stimulus. 

.. People who voted leave surely took this into consideration in their decision to vote leave and felt the long term benefits [fiscal or otherwise ;) ] would outstrip the short term pain. 

Still (through gritted teeth) time to crack on, hey - the world is still spinning :) 

Have a good weekend bud

Hmm, really don't want to get into a heated discussion (I'm trying to calm down lol, it's the weekend!) ..

.. People who voted leave surely took this into consideration in their decision to vote leave and felt the long term benefits [fiscal or otherwise ;) ] would outstrip the short term pain. 

Still (through gritted teeth) time to crack on, hey - the world is still spinning :) 

Have a good weekend bud

Yea your right no point in getting wound up over it anyway from what i have been hearing 1.5+ million have signed an online petition for a new referendum to take place as this one is not legally binding, you need 75% turnout, we only had 72% and it has to be more then 60% in favor and it was only 52%, so watch this space it could have all been for nothing LOL

Have a good weekend yourself m8

All1

as this one is not legally binding, you need 75% turnout, we only had 72% and it has to be more then 60% in favor and it was only 52%, so watch this space it could have all been for nothing LOL

Honestly didn't know that re: turnout / margin - are you sure that's genuine? This would have been well publicised beforehand surely? .. A win is a win, regardless of margin? ... Just invoke the article 50 now get on with it - don't agree with it but public have made the decision :) 

Will be interesting to see whether there are any legs on that. Makes a mockery of the system if so. *goes off to find petition link* .... (j/k - grapes not that sour)

e: just read this (It's literally just some guy wanting to change the rules post-result)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36629324

Edited by g0at`

Oh right so not legal then but having said that given this is such a massive decision for the whole of the UK i agree with the 60%-40% bit which is odd given i voted out, in a funny kind of way i'd like a second one just to see the result and figures, given the uproar it would be fascinating.

All1

Best of 3?

First to 10?

Live with it. I would have had to live with the outcome if 'Remain' won.

I wish the bleeding hearts would move to another country in the EU (possibly Scotland) while they still have a chance.

Rant over :Laughing_32:

Maybe it's time a few people got together and started their own petition.....

"The people of the United Kingdom have spoken in the EU Referendum, Parliament must NOT allow a second referendum, and article 50 should be invoked immediately.

Any MP voting or campaigning against the wishes of the majority should be stripped of their Parliamentary position"

You need 5 email addresses of supporters to start it, I'd do it myself, but I'm outside the UK, and if it did take off, then that wouldn't look good.

Ironically, incase you'd not heard.. the guy that started *that* petition was a leaver - a month before the referendum. He had the exact same concerns as you all1 - he wanted there to be a clear margin (and assumed remain would win).. All the remain lot just jumped on it afterwards.

Ironically, incase you'd not heard.. the guy that started *that* petition was a leaver - a month before the referendum. He had the exact same concerns as you all1 - he wanted there to be a clear margin (and assumed remain would win).. All the remain lot just jumped on it afterwards.

PMSL, i still think given it's gravity (spelling) the 60-40 thing is a good idea but our wonderful leader told us today the result stands, too be honest i am looking at this country right now and find it funny it's a bit like a Tom & Jerry cartoon where the cat has a bit of wool on him and the jumper is coming undone bit by bit, no sign of anyone over the weekend, Osbourne telling us were all doomed one day next "we have a strong future" WTF wot is it one or the other, and people wonder why we don't trust any MP, then we have Mr Corbyn and his party... well him and his 3 m8's, he's so funny in his ways, comes out of his house saying morning hello and thanks for coming  goodbye LOL I can honestly say this may well be the end of the Labour party as we know it, it seems nobody wants to work with him yet the membership have put him in, christ knows if they will next time, I don't know then we have the UK issue well what is left of it, i can't take my eyes of the news channels, I think i might put a few quid of Tony Blair making a comeback :Angry_32:

All1

heavy1-- I agree with everything you posted (I'm from the 'other side of the pond too- NewYork). I pray every night she does not get elected.  I'm a firm believer in the ABC's  (Anybody But Clinton).

I was surprised the vote was so close between the leavers and remainers.  I would think any country would want to be totally independent.  Because of open borders, the UK has lost so much of their own true identity as so many immigrants have not been able to acclimate themselves.  I truly hope everything ends up working out the very best for all concerned.

I've been looking at Statistics covering the last 40+ years we have been in the EU from Internet sources

(all bias in this day and age)

I'd like to comment about one of the Statistics I've come across it's the U.K veto to block laws and treaty's from the E.U.

The lowest source on the net i come across say's we have used the veto 55 times in the 40+ years we have been in the E.U the highest source say's 72 times

how meny times have the E.U overruled that veto the source that say's 55 say's we were overruled 55 times the source that say's 72 say's overruled 72 times

that's 100% of the U.K veto's that got overruled in the end. All the veto does is delay what the E.U is going to do.

The closest we got to winning a veto was the single currency (but we won that one didn't we) no we only delayed it you see one of the veto's was

David Cameron's veto to block a new EU-wide treaty to salvage the single currency the EU appeared 26-1 against Cameron at the time.

UK could lose its veto right in EU if the EU had it's way and we stayed in

by getting out we can still have EU laws and follow treaties BUT they will have to be passed by the UK parliament first

(why do the IN vote think this is bad for the UK)

And don't get me stared on the single market part of the EU.

Yippee, no boris pm.

Just saw this thought it may interest some of you.

http://thebrexitplan.com/

Funny Dave, I must admit i love Boris as he's a complete plonker and very funny to watch and listen to but having him as PM would be a nightmare, mind you there would be no migrants in the country... Mind you i don't thnk anyone would be here if he was PM

All1