Royal Mail Track & Trace meanings

Alloneword

Well as per usual at this time of year mail has gone walkabout, £180 Leatherman Charge TTi multi tool, £30 Wera Kraftform Precision Micro Screwdriver Set and a few other bits and bobs all told about £300 gone missing, wanted to put CCTV in to stop this kind of crap but landlord said no :Angry_32: anyway while looking into a tracking number i came up with a message i had not seen before so hunted down a royal mail forum and someone posted this handy link with all the info you should need, hopefully it will help others.

https://business.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/756

What does my tracking message mean?

When you send mail with us using a tracking service, your item gets scanned at various points in its journey.

You’ll see this information when you use Track your item.

Please note:

• The status in Track your item will be the most up-to-date information we have.
  • The number of times your item is scanned depends on the service used.
  • For some services – including Signed for® 1st Class and Signed for® 2nd Class – we scan items twice: when we receive them and when we deliver. This could mean the status of your item doesn’t change for a few days. Don’t worry though, it’s on its way.

We’ve tried to make the messages as easy to follow as possible, but we understand that some of them can be confusing. Below you’ll find some of the most common terms and what they mean.

• We’re expecting it - The sender has let us know this item will be with us soon, but we haven’t received it yet. We’ll update the tracking information when we receive it.
  • System Problem - We haven’t received the item yet. We’ll update the status when the item is in our network. Please check again later.
  • We’ve got it - Your item is in our network. We’ll update the information as it moves through our network. If the service used only offers delivery confirmation, we’ll update the status when it’s been delivered.
  • Internal exception occurred - We’re experiencing system issues. Please try again later.
  • In transit - Your item is on its way through our network. This message can cover several stages of its journey. You’ll see more details of its location and status when you enter your reference number.
  • Pending - This can cover several possible situations in your item’s journey. You’ll see more details specific to your item when you enter your reference number.
  • Ready for delivery - Your item has reached the local delivery office. We’ll try to deliver it as soon as possible, unless there’s a service like Keepsafe or Redirection set up. We’ll update the status when we deliver or attempt to deliver the item.
  • Delivered to your address or a neighbour - We’ve delivered the item as addressed, or to a neighbour.
    • If we leave the item with a neighbour, we’ll leave a ‘Something for you’ card to tell you where it is.
    • You might see this message even if you’ve had your item delivered to a work address or business. We’ll leave a ‘Something for you’ card if we couldn’t deliver to the business address on the item. If you haven’t had the item or a card, please check with your colleagues or the post room to see if someone has accepted the item on your behalf.
  • Proof of delivery is not available - This could mean:
    • The item was sent using a service that does not provide a copy of the signature.
    • The signature might have been taken on a confirmation of delivery card. We aim to get these signatures online within 72 hours of delivery, but you’ll usually see it much sooner.
    • Find out more about signatures.
  • Retention Item - Some business addresses have a Retention Service to cover days when they’re not open. We won’t deliver to them on these days. Instead, we’ll hold on to the item and deliver on the next working day, or according to the business’ instructions.
  • We could not retrieve your details - We’re experiencing system issues. Please try again later.
  • Collected - The recipient has picked up the item.

You may also notice some unfamiliar abbreviations in our tracking messages. These are the most common:

• DO - Delivery Office
  • EO - Enquiry Office
  • MC - Mailing Centre
  • NRC - National Returns Centre
  • OE - Office of Exchange. On international deliveries this means the item has arrived at the import customs office.
  • POL - Post Office Limited
  • PSC - Postal Sort Centre
  • RDC - Regional Distribution Centre

All1

2 hours ago, Jamer said:

So will you get your money back bud or have you just lost out altogether ?

Yea  stuff like the multi tool goes on CC so i think it's section 75 applies which means it will stay on my statement for a month or so then be wiped, no intrest for me and the small stuff gos via paypal so i'll get it back in the end but just a faff, it happens every year something to do with all the temp posties just throwing mail in hallway which is open to anyone, it must cost the RM a fortune in compo :SmileFace_32:

All1

A few years ago I ordered some expensive golf socks for my son inlaw as a Christmas present.

They never came.

I took it up with the sender and the post office.

After a long drawn out affair - the sender (not ebay - an online shop) sent some more.

The post office said they had delivered them and wouldn't budge from that (Nothing signed or card to where they had left it)

So he got his socks and all was well in God's heaven and earth. :)

6 months later I went to the garage to get the lawn mower out for the first time that year and I noticed something fall down the back of it.

Yep - the original sock box.

The temptation is to say nowt.... but i'm an honest man and I do believe in karma so I emailed the seller.

They thanked me for my honesty and said I could 'keep em'

I was sporting some rather snazzy Pringle golf socks the next time I played. :)