Coronavirus - Stay In!

Jamer

I am pretty much housebound anyway,so no hardship here,but if i do get it its probable all over with.

Good thing is that i dont have to worry about mobility scooter for a while

Worrying thing is that my son has just been told to self isolate for 2 weeks as he works at high risk site.

90097798_2778747185686047_2890634112580714496_n.jpg.cee05717803a2d7efd09221c1240ae89.jpg

Jamer the is this guy who stayed in for over 2 weeks and still got it

the only physical contact to the outside world was the letters thru the door and when cash changed hands

for delivery of things  (But yes we all need to stay in I have only been out one time from the 13th till now and that was to check on my mom)

China are beating this now only if they did it one month sooner.

On 22/03/2020 at 03:28, cobra said:

Jamer the is this guy who stayed in for over 2 weeks and still got it

the only physical contact to the outside world was the letters thru the door and when cash changed hands

for delivery of things  (But yes we all need to stay in I have only been out one time from the 13th till now and that was to check on my mom)

China are beating this now only if they did it one month sooner.

I see The PM and Matt Hancock have it now, albeit mild thankfully and all Prince Charles. I have been reading a lot and generally previous pandemics disappear usually as quick as they arrive, so lets hope this passes pretty quickly.

Don't know if I am missing something but I can not see how its going to go away unless irradicated by immunization.

As far as I see we all stay in for 3 weeks 3 months or whatever.   A city in say India does not and it starts again?   We need the whole world to stay in but that is not going to happen.

19 hours ago, derren said:

Don't know if I am missing something but I can not see how its going to go away unless irradicated by immunization.

As far as I see we all stay in for 3 weeks 3 months or whatever.   A city in say India does not and it starts again?   We need the whole world to stay in but that is not going to happen.

I think in general once someone has had it they will not get it again, or it would be rare but still early days

One of the problems is that the media are doom-mongers.

Remember Brexit? The UK was going to fall apart within weeks. (they had three years of reporting this shit)

Scary headlines make more money, terrifying the public is their game.

I am not for one minute playing down the seriousness of this virus, people are dying but there has to be a bit of reality. 

By now, quite a few 'famous' people have it or have had it - even the prime minister. Are they dead from it? No

In fact, about all of the famous people are reported to have 'mild symptoms'

And there's the rub - and sort of my point.

The daily reports of deaths never ever, not once do they say how many survived or just recovered.

If they said 50.000 cases and 300 died that would be  better reporting but that is 'sort of good news - and that doesn't sell

They used to say of those that died ' they had underlying health problems' but they have even stopped saying that now

Instead they focus on the occasional  seemingly healthy person that died. That makes much better frightening news.

Everyone is bound to think if they died, so could I

I agree with the lock down even though it is going to cause me financial hardship. I'm alone in my office with absolutely nothing to do.

All I ask is don't believe everything you read............it's just someone's opinion. These people today are now saying it will be a 6 month lockdown

Just someone's opinion but that opinion will spread worse than the virus.

It's killed some of the older famous people

Mark Blum (Crocodile’ Dundee)

Maria Mercader (american news reporter of 30 years)

but a LOT of the famous people that have died from this are non american \ non UK

like Italian actress Lucia Bosè

I think I was a bit blase about it until a close friend died and now yesterday another is one in ICU, very ill. It now is scaring the bejesus out of me and my wife. I hope is not man made, will we ever know? We think we'll become  hermits. I think the lock down came later than it should have. Why for profits? There are no pockets in a shroud.

Everyone stay safe, stay in.

On 27/03/2020 at 20:49, derren said:

I think the idea behind staying is to ease the pressure on the NHS so 10,000 don't turn up in one week better to have 2,500 a week for 4 weeks rather than 10k in a single goal but if that is the case then certain parts of the uk will be on lockdown for some considerable time.

stormbringer Christ man so sorry to hear this news, i hope everything goes ok for your buddy in ICU

Eddie Large from "Little & Large" has died off COVID as well today ?

All1

• Thumbs Up 1

On 02/04/2020 at 12:55, stormbringer said:

I think the lock down came later than it should have. Why for profits?

We wasted february imagine if we limited flights coming in and did a 14 day quarantine on ALL people coming in from all ports.

And implemented social distancing BEFORE any UK cases then when we got the first case did a lighter version of the lockdown

and only tighten the lockdown if the was a jump in UK cases.  But the is greed and profit so it will always be a case of

"closing the stable door after the horse has bolted"

2 minutes ago, cobra said:

"closing the stable door after the horse has bolted"

Here, here i have been other forums over llast few months and we have been going about this covid 19 since the 10th Jan when someone posted THIS link so if bods like us have been aware of since then the UK Govt has no excuse, and now all the cuts they have been doing are coming home to roost, if we have had a better funded NHS we would not be in the doo doo we are now, but it's more important to show were open for business then protecting our NHS staff

I saw a very intresting you tube video the other night which gave the impression it had been going round Chine for some time, let me see if i can find it but i have to say i take everything i'm told coming out of China with a pinch of salt, i mean if our powers BS us you can bet your life China are doing that and alot more

On 02/04/2020 at 17:39, Alloneword said:

I think the idea behind staying is to ease the pressure on the NHS so 10,000 don't turn up in one week better to have 2,500 a week for 4 weeks rather than 10k in a single goal but if that is the case then certain parts of the uk will be on lockdown for some considerable time.

stormbringer Christ man so sorry to hear this news, i hope everything goes ok for your buddy in ICU

Eddie Large from "Little & Large" has died off COVID as well today ?

All1

Sad news about Eddie Large, did he die of Covid-19?