Drones, anyone fly or have flown them?

Alloneword

I may need a drone in the next few weeks )when this flaming lockdown ends) but never flown one, i would need somethingthat i could fit a camera on it and be easy to move, just like the old RC cars, not intrested in turning it upside down, just up/down/left and simple, any brands i should be looking at or will any old junk do and if it does not come with a camera what camera should i be looking for, my phone is an Android One (Xiaomi Mi A1, Android Pie i think with latest updates) trust me any input is welcome on this one, some idea of money would be handy i'd rather buy 2nd hand as i suspect it will only be used a few times

All1

On 13/04/2020 at 17:46, Alloneword said:

I may need a drone in the next few weeks )when this flaming lockdown ends) but never flown one, i would need somethingthat i could fit a camera on it and be easy to move, just like the old RC cars, not intrested in turning it upside down, just up/down/left and simple, any brands i should be looking at or will any old junk do and if it does not come with a camera what camera should i be looking for, my phone is an Android One (Xiaomi Mi A1, Android Pie i think with latest updates) trust me any input is welcome on this one, some idea of money would be handy i'd rather buy 2nd hand as i suspect it will only be used a few times

All1

A lot of these come with camera's built in, I have been looking at trying a cheap one of these myself

8 minutes ago, Jamer said:

A lot of these come with camera's built in, I have been looking at trying a cheap one of these myself

Yea when i looked at them ages ago you needed to bolt one on but looking on ebay they come with 720p ad a min which is handy, saw a great one go yesterday for about £180 had an extended range of 1500 meters, but i didnt bid as no idea if it would be any good for my needs, so will be doing some reading this week on them and hopefully buy end of the week and sit indoors with it for another month b4 i can get out:Winking_32:

I don't have one but my son does, not sure what make it is though.

You need a licence to fly a drone that weighs over 250g its about £9. lots of models that are just under that weight.

There's a lot of cheap rubbish on the market but some good professional drones from people who no longer use them.

The on board cameras are good now days and you can connect to your mobile on some of them, 

3 hours ago, Gazza said:

I don't have one but my son does, not sure what make it is though.

You need a licence to fly a drone that weighs over 250g its about £9. lots of models that are just under that weight.

There's a lot of cheap rubbish on the market but some good professional drones from people who no longer use them.

The on board cameras are good now days and you can connect to your mobile on some of them, 

Well just signed up and took the test and got 15 out of 20 and a pass is 16 so just missed out and didn't even read the code before i took it so i'll take a nose at that this afternoon, and pay my cash, just saves any grief from plod, Thanks for the info Gazza :Thumbs-Up:

All1

Thanks for the info Gazza (or your son) took 3 goes but go there in the end, now just need to find a suitable drone, mind you i think it said i could not fly with 150m of a building, looks like i won't be flying it anywhere in London, mind you could be fun up and down the river

All1

Drone.jpg

Well for the drone i bought you need the licence as it's just under 300g, i will only need it for one or 2 days, IF i don't smash it in those 2 days you can have it for nothing Dave if your still of the A13 i can drop it down to you however it all depends on lockdown, i need to keep myself locked up for a lot of the time but as soon as we get the all clear hopefully 3-6 weeks than i will need 2 weeks to do stuff than the drone is yours so long as i do't kill it 🙂

52 minutes ago, Gazza said:

He had a built in one so didn't use his mobile

Go onto google play, looks like they have some for EACHINE E511S on android, or worth trying some others

OK thanks it was worth a try i done some digging on play and it was hit and miss for the E511S I will have a nose again and check out youtube and see what they are using, tried to today to get permission to fly on the thames today as city airport is shut, should give some decent footage if it happens.

All1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jamer said:

These drones are bloody expensive  

Like most things you get what you pay for Jamer, buy a £5k or a £250K car the ones i'm buying are cheapo copies if the good ones, so small one is £50 (E58) and the bigger one is £100 (E511S) main difference is 1080 camera on the big one, longer flying time and moveable camera while in flight, IMO they are good enough to work out if you want to spend big bucks not doubt DJI etc and the dogs balls, flying time/camera quality/rane all are much better on DJI etc but your pay your money and take your choice, my advice spend £100 see if you like it if you do spend as much as you like i have seen them for sale for £10k but these are the pro stuff you can earn money from but i think you need to take a bigger test for these big ones.

All1