covid 19

thePanhandler

Covid 19. The name is enough to strike fear into even the strongest of us. When a person is gravely ill and being admitted into hospital surrounded by doctors wearing PPE they are asked questions. Different questions due to the threatening nature of this virus. Do you have a next of kin? Are you religious? What about resuscitation? What about life support? Do you want to be kept alive on a ventilator...for how long. These are the types of questions that are being asked during this Pandemic. They are valid, but disturbing for most, if not all of us. We have been informed that with Ovid 19 the need for a ventilator means you are close to death and most do not come off of the ventilator. Only the very strongest. The answers to these questions show a glimpse of the character of the person. You have probably answered these questions in your own head as you read them. That part is easy. But would you say the same if you were being admitted to hospital? This is when true character is revealed ....this is when only once in a very long while a truly wonderful person can be recognized. I know of a person that was asked these very questions. They said, according to the admitting doctor, to pull them off of the ventilator, thereby ceasing life support if the ventilator was needed by someone that had a better chance of living. What a answer. When push comes to shove I want this person on my side. It has been my privilege to have had her at my side for over 42 years. Wife, Mother, Grandmother or friend. Call her what you will. I call her Candy.
Love Always, Norm