Covid

daveb47

I hope your son recovers quickly and hopefully has not passed the infection on to you Dave. All the luck in the world to you both.

my son and his partner have had covid twice now, my sons partner works in a nursing home and that's where she caught it from.  nine people died from covid at the home.

The residence and staff are now tested weekly and that seems to have cured the issues they were having with covid and no more deaths so far.

My brother-in-laws nephew died of covid, only 49. I    

Try to remember, the death rate from it is very low.

The daily deaths announcements are extremely tainted.

My neighbour went into hospital with pneumonia (82) he tested negative  then caught it in hospital. He sadly died 2 days later and the death certificate said died of covid.

My whole family have had it, including me (and I am in the high risk area) We were all ill for 2 weeks with absolutely no sense of taste or smell for a month.

It's nasty but not a death sentence.

23 hours ago, daveb47 said:

Thanks for replies folks.

Son is recovering well with only minor symptoms & is looking forward to getting back to work on monday.

I have thankfully had no symtoms,so hopefully panic over.

that's good news 🙏 

Dave you not had your vaccination yet ? considering your at risk and an old bugger 🤣 🤣

Well regardless,i aint bloody having it.

What's being marketed as a "Vaccine" is in fact a "Treatment" - to fulfill the Legal and Clinical definition of a "Vaccine" the manufacturers have to provide data that supports both the Provision of Immunity and Interruption of Transmission - they have done neither so they are in fact "Treatments"....! The Data they supplied and their claim of 95% efficacy relates solely to "Not displaying Symptoms" - and they give no data for Provision of Immunity or Interruption of Transmission...!

Recovering now from it and I have been pretty ill including a paramedic visit.  My mum went down with it first and ended up in hospital - plasma transplant etc.     My dad was home and I could not get hold of him on phone.  So drove over there and found him collapsed but conscious.   Had to get an ambulance to him.   He tested positive.  So it was during that time I was trying to assist him before paramedics come I picked up a big dose from him.  He is still bedbound after refusing to stay hospital.

I am now this friday 2 weeks into it and recovering slowly and getting back to work but its been horrid.

Fingers crossed over the worse of it.

Derren

On 20/01/2021 at 17:25, daveb47 said:

Thanks for replies folks.

Son is recovering well with only minor symptoms & is looking forward to getting back to work on monday.

I have thankfully had no symtoms,so hopefully panic over.

Good news Dave 

On 29/01/2021 at 20:39, derren said:

Recovering now from it and I have been pretty ill including a paramedic visit.  My mum went down with it first and ended up in hospital - plasma transplant etc.     My dad was home and I could not get hold of him on phone.  So drove over there and found him collapsed but conscious.   Had to get an ambulance to him.   He tested positive.  So it was during that time I was trying to assist him before paramedics come I picked up a big dose from him.  He is still bedbound after refusing to stay hospital.

I am now this friday 2 weeks into it and recovering slowly and getting back to work but its been horrid.

Fingers crossed over the worse of it.

Derren

Hope you all recover quickly, not nice to have my son and his partner had it twice now.

ATTENTION 🚫 *If I get vaccinated*:/ Treatment 1.- Can I stop wearing the mask? - No 2.- Can they reopen restaurants etc and everyone work normally? - No 3.- Will I be resistant to covid? - *May be*, but we don't know exactly, it probably won't stop you getting it 4.- At least I won't be contagious to others anymore? - *No you can still pass it on*, possibly, nobody knows. 5.- If we vaccinate all children, will school resume normally? - No 6.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop social distancing? - No 7.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop disinfecting my hands? - No 8.- If I vaccinate myself and my grand parents , can we hug each other/say goodbye before they die. - No 9.- Will cinemas, theatres and stadiums be reopened as normal, after vaccines? - No 10.- Will the vaccinated be able to gather the community closer? - No 11.- What is the real benefit of vaccination? - *The virus may not kill you*. 12.- Are you sure it won't kill me? - No 13.- If statistically the virus didn't kill me anyway ... Why would I get vaccinated?" - To protect others. 14.- So if I get vaccinated, the others are 100% sure I'm not infecting them? - No 15.- is there liability if I get seriously injured or die? -NO 💥 So it is true that the shot does not give immunity. Does not eliminate the virus. Does not prevent death. Does not guarantee you won’t get it. Does not prevent you from getting Covid.. Does not stop you passing it on Does not eliminate the need for travel bans. Does not eliminate the need for business closures. Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns. Does not eliminate the need for masking. So...Why the hell am I getting vaccinated.... To keep running the pharmaceutical BUSINESS? to help bring in the "Great reset". Something more nefarious? 🤔 End the lockdowns and restrictions NOW 🚫🚫🚫

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, daveb47 said:

ATTENTION 🚫 *If I get vaccinated*:/ Treatment 1.- Can I stop wearing the mask? - No 2.- Can they reopen restaurants etc and everyone work normally? - No 3.- Will I be resistant to covid? - *May be*, but we don't know exactly, it probably won't stop you getting it 4.- At least I won't be contagious to others anymore? - *No you can still pass it on*, possibly, nobody knows. 5.- If we vaccinate all children, will school resume normally? - No 6.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop social distancing? - No 7.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop disinfecting my hands? - No 8.- If I vaccinate myself and my grand parents , can we hug each other/say goodbye before they die. - No 9.- Will cinemas, theatres and stadiums be reopened as normal, after vaccines? - No 10.- Will the vaccinated be able to gather the community closer? - No 11.- What is the real benefit of vaccination? - *The virus may not kill you*. 12.- Are you sure it won't kill me? - No 13.- If statistically the virus didn't kill me anyway ... Why would I get vaccinated?" - To protect others. 14.- So if I get vaccinated, the others are 100% sure I'm not infecting them? - No 15.- is there liability if I get seriously injured or die? -NO 💥 So it is true that the shot does not give immunity. Does not eliminate the virus. Does not prevent death. Does not guarantee you won’t get it. Does not prevent you from getting Covid.. Does not stop you passing it on Does not eliminate the need for travel bans. Does not eliminate the need for business closures. Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns. Does not eliminate the need for masking. So...Why the hell am I getting vaccinated.... To keep running the pharmaceutical BUSINESS? to help bring in the "Great reset". Something more nefarious? 🤔 End the lockdowns and restrictions NOW 🚫🚫🚫

YAAAAWWWWN  There's always one, 

No 16, - Have i got to much time on my hands? - Yes 

You need to try read a bit about the history of vaccines.

You probably had them when you were young.

Polio vaccine was given with a sugar cube - seems strange maybe but it wiped out polio.

Once the conspiracy theories get in your head, it's hard to change your mind.

You stop believing the truth and think anyone that does is an idiot.

So many 'far more deadly' diseases have been eradicated by vaccines.

There is no 'new world order or 'reset. It's a virus that was released in China by foul or fair ways - we'll probably never know how it got out.

It's a bad time at the moment and we have all had a year taken off us but it will all come right in the end.

I will be first in the queue for my vaccine, already lost one friend to Coronavirus and I currently have another in hospital on a ventilator this is serious, never understand why anyone would not want a vaccine to be honest. 

On 05/02/2021 at 22:29, Gazza said:

Have i got to much time on my hands? - Yes

Not been out of my house for overs 6 years now,not even in to garden.Except for medical reasons

So probably yes.Not really much to live for to be honest.

On 08/02/2021 at 13:34, daveb47 said:

Not been out of my house for overs 6 years now,not even in to garden.Except for medical reasons

Don't be so soft! You have every reason to live! We only get one life Dave

Getting the vaccine at least gives us a chance to maybe one day getting our “normal” lives back. Without it eventually no matter how cautious you are the law of averages say you will come into contact with it. 
whether the vaccine give 50,60,70,80,90% immunity is in my opinion far better than crossing your fingers and hoping for the best.
I am getting my vaccine today so at least I will hopefully be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel,

All these Covidiots make me sick and I hope they all get it.

On 08/02/2021 at 13:34, daveb47 said:

i was only joking Dave, dry sense of humour i suppose. 😁

The wild life in your garden needs you.

It's OK for someone like Dave to say he is not getting one of the vaccinations

But they are already putting it into work contracts. if your already working you are OK but if you are going for a new job that involves you being in contact with workers or the public

they can put that you have to have the vaccination.

No vaccination = No Job

We will end up having health passports (I'm going to call it a green card) you go to the Cinema no green card no movie / You make a reservation for a restaurant no green card that reservation becomes a takeaway

you go to get on the Train no green card no journey.

And they will word it so that any reservation fees or tickets already sold will be non-refundable for not having a green card as the responsibility for this will be on YOU.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am mostly over covid now but reckon I am still not fully there.  I was doing couch to 5k before and I was half way through but now I can not run at all.

Still got a dad in hospital unable to walk.  Even through he has not got covid now, it was covid that put him there and to be honest I don't think he will recover.

This is serious.  Lots of stupid talk about vaccines not being safe etc and it take 10 years to make a vaccine.   That is correct in a way but most of that is getting funding, doing research etc.

Reading a magazine last night about this virus is actually not as bad as one could be.  More virus's are jumping from animal to man as we take away their natural habitats.   We might not be so lucky with the next one.  

https://www.menshealth.com/uk/health/a35487821/could-we-have-stopped-the-covid-19-pandemic-can-we-prevent-the-next-one/

Worth reading.

• Like 1

On 15/02/2021 at 17:36, derren said:

I am mostly over covid now but reckon I am still not fully there.  I was doing couch to 5k before and I was half way through but now I can not run at all.

Still got a dad in hospital unable to walk.  Even through he has not got covid now, it was covid that put him there and to be honest I don't think he will recover.

This is serious.  Lots of stupid talk about vaccines not being safe etc and it take 10 years to make a vaccine.   That is correct in a way but most of that is getting funding, doing research etc.

Reading a magazine last night about this virus is actually not as bad as one could be.  More virus's are jumping from animal to man as we take away their natural habitats.   We might not be so lucky with the next one.  

https://www.menshealth.com/uk/health/a35487821/could-we-have-stopped-the-covid-19-pandemic-can-we-prevent-the-next-one/

Worth reading.

Interesting read..

I hope that your dad is feeling better soon mate.

I had my vaccine Tuesday.

Wednesday/Thursday I felt crud as my immune system kicked in to fight it.

I had covid back in August with confirmed anti-bodies in my system - but still felt poorly this week.

Today - fit as a fiddle and totally immune.

At this moment there are 18 million immune older and vulnerable people.

This can only go one way - and quick.

On 18/02/2021 at 07:20, Jamer said:

Interesting read..

I hope that your dad is feeling better soon mate.

Thanks he is still not good and been sent from Ross hospital back to Hereford with and infection so its touch and go.

I have been called for my covid jab earlier than I thought. I have it booked this Saturday at Quay House.  Guess its because of my asthma but then a good friend of mine who is around 55 years of age, has asthma and diabetes and has not been called

From my post above I said it will happen but they are calling them Vaccine passports

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-55718553

If your Anti-Vaccine it looks like you will be wearing that mask for the next 5 years and being barred from half the things going on

I also bet on the back of this that ID Cards will be on the books again.