Off to New York any tips?

Macs

Hi everyone My wife and I are off to New York on the 29th for 7 nights.

I have prepaid for the usual experiences but wondered if anyone has any useful tips or ideas for anything we can do.

Its my wife’s 60th birthday and also our wedding anniversary while we are there

I have prepaid for a weekly subway pass so travel around New York won’t be a problem

thanks in advance

We are staying at the Riu Plaza w46 street,8th Avenue

I got a brilliant deal, I monitored the prices with British Airways for 2 years lol.

Got 7 nights at hotel breakfast included and 6 experiences for £1790 for the 2 of us.

I also emailed the hotel and told them it was Julie’s 60th and our wedding anniversary while we were there and asked for a high floor room.

Not only have we got one but on the day of our Anniversary we have got a five course meal plus champagne compliments of the hotel.

Now if only I can mention that at check in at Heathrow and get an upgrade to business class 😜😜😜

Still got to organise transfers though, probably just get a taxi

After all shy boys get nowt lol

Be aware that they may try and apply resort tax, we refused t pay it, look it up.

Well we have bee not New York several times and always had a great time. We checked out load of famous sites inc;

The Empire State Building (it's immaculate worth a visit - bought tickets from a street guy who gave us a free entry to Top of the Rock which we visited at night, that was pretty good)

Hudson Yards - Nice shopping centre and worth visiting even it just to admire The Vessel 

Hudson Yards.jpg

Katz's is the famous delicatessen, with fabulous sandwiches also where the filmed the very famous 'where Harry Met Sally Scene' - See Here 

Times Square with you will struggle to avoid but after a few days will do your best to avoid lol (I would suggest eating away from Times Square as it is expensive!)

Washington Square Park is a lovely area and one of our favourite places to visit. (also place were many movies used) See the red house on the right of the Arch, that's where     
Robert Neville (Will Smith) lived in the film - see here - Ghost Busters was also filmed here look it up. But it is a nice place to just go and chill and have a coffee while people watching. 

Dumbo (or DUMBO, short for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) is a neighbourhood in the New York City borough of Brooklyn. The area known as Dumbo. There are some good eateries and bars and good place to take some photographs by the Hudson River facing Manhattan.

dumbo-brooklyn-nyc-julienne-schaer-nyc-and-company-207__large.jpg

I'll add some more places later.