Anyone fancy a job..?

sparks

They're counting on you..

As a Non Compliance Officer (NCO) you will be paired with a Non Compliance Assistant (NCA) to investigate census refusals, this is where people have refused to complete their census form as required by law. You will be dealing with members of the public who may be resistant to your requests and you will need to be able to manage confrontational situations. The work involves knocking on doors, talking to householders and, if they persist in refusing to complete a census questionnaire, you will conduct a refusal process which will include formal "Interview Under Caution". The address locations may be widespread over a large geographical area and you will need to locate and travel to these, so you will be working outside and travelling for the majority of your day - moving between addresses with the possibility of having to climb stairs. You are normally required to carry out your duties between the hours of 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm on Saturday. As you are working in a pair you will be required to agree your working pattern with your partner, a mobile phone will be provided for your use. There may be instances when you are asked to work outside of these hours.

Anyone seen one yet?

Apparently the ONS are going to be investigated by the information commisioner for....

You've guessed it - refusing to supply information on how many 'non-compliance officers' there are... :Laugh:

Rumours are that there are about 100, and given that there are 3.5 million outstanding forms, I guess the terms of employment won't quite cover the task...

Dates of Employment: 26/04/2011 - 19/08/2011

Especially when they are reminded that what they are doing is illegal under English common law.... :Winky:

I wonder if i'll get a visit at some point considering i wrote N/A next to most of the answer can't say i never answered there questions can they.

If they come on this estate and start i hope they are able to defend themselves some folks round here would probably lamp them :He-he:

Well from my point of view i'll answer the door and be nice and tell them i sent it ages ago not my fault it got lost in the post, and if they push i'll just go down the line of "am i compelled to talk to you?", or am i breaking any laws if i shut the door in your face and then see what gives.

Al11

If they want me to fill it in again then i will but my time don't come cheap :He-he:

Well from my point of view i'll answer the door and be nice and tell them i sent it ages ago not my fault it got lost in the post, and if they push i'll just go down the line of "am i compelled to talk to you?", or am i breaking any laws if i shut the door in your face and then see what gives.

Al11

If they want me to fill it in again then i will but my time don't come cheap :He-he:

That's an easy trap to fall into All1

They want you to engage in conversation, and simply claiming to have sent it will open yourself up to 'acknowledgement of contract'...that means you have allowed yourself to come under the juristriction of a statute, as opposed to common law (Postie had a bar code reader which tracked the forms to a particular postbox btw, so that will be their first question - where did you post it...), and you are then obliged to do it again under their terms.

Better merely to say nothing, and hand them something like:

Notice of Removal of Implied Right of Access

To all that it concerns

NOTICE TO AGENT IS NOTICE TO PRINCIPAL AND NOTICE TO PRINCIPAL IS NOTICE TO AGENT APPLIES

Notice of Removal of Implied Right of Access

You are advised to read the following notice thoroughly and carefully. It is a lawful notice. It informs you. It means what it says.

The Householder hereby gives notice that the implied right of access to the property known as ……………………………...

…………………………………………………………. and surrounding areas, has been removed, along with all associated property including, but not limited to, any private conveyance in respect of the following:

1. ANY employee, principal, agent, third party, trustee, representative or any other person acting on behalf of or under the instruction of any Employee, or Agent or Principal or any other PERSONS acting on behalf of the CORPORATE COURTS, LOCAL COUNCIL or PRIVATE CORPORATION, PUBLIC AGENCY, or GOVERNMENT AGENCY howsoever named.

2. ANY POLICE OFFICER who is acting for the CORPORATE POLICE and NOT acting as a Constable for and on behalf of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and her people as expressed in the Oath of Office of all POLICE men and women, that is as Public Servants, upon your Oath of Office to serve "with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality, upholding fundamental human rights and according equal respect to all people; and that I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property"

Exceptions: MEDICAL OFFICERS AND FIRE OFFICERS IN THE EXECUTION OF THEIR DUTY

COMMON LAW JURISDICTION APPLIES EXCLUSIVELY

Please also take notice that the land known as England is a Common Law jurisdiction and any transgression of this notice will be dealt with according to Common Law. Any and all access to the above mentioned properties shall be by strict invitation only and shall be subject to terms and conditions, available by written request.

We do not have, and have never had, a contract. And any permission that you believe you may have from me is hereby withdrawn. If you believe that you have power of attorney to act on my behalf you are hereby fired, and any consent that you believe you may have, tacit or otherwise, is hereby withdrawn. If you feel so inclined as to enforce statutes as a consequence of this matter I will report your conduct to ALL relevant bodies and will pursue Proof of Claim in affidavit form, under your full commercial liability and under the penalty of perjury.

You are deemed to have been served this notice with immediate effect.

In sincerity and honour, without ill-will, frivolity, or vexation,

The Householder

Note that they will NOW have to agree to YOUR contract...(It works on other nosey types too.... :Winky:)

Something like this might then do, if they pursue (which they probably won't) :

Dear Sirs

Thank-you for your request to enter The Householder’s property to catalogue his/her private and personal details. The Householder will be pleased to allow access at a stated date and time to be arranged, subject to the following criteria, and subsequent completion of the following disclosures.

Disclosure 1 - Billing.*

We ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………, agree to pay any appropriate costs to The Householder for the time he/she has to take off work to be available for interrogation. We agree that this will be invoiced at £100.00 pounds per hour, minimum billing ½ day at 4 hours.

Signed _________________

Date____________________

Disclosure 2 - Disclaimer

We ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………, undertake not to hold responsible The Householder for any injury or death occurred to any employees of ………………………… ………………………………………. as a result of the presence of said employees on this property. Furthermore, we understand that due to the unknown nature of hazards on the property of The Householder we must attend a compulsory safety briefing, at a location of the householders choosing, before any site visit can occur. Safety briefings will last four hours, and will be invoiced at £100.00 pounds per hour, per person

Signed_________________

Date___________________

* All payments must be made 14 days in advance of any proposed visit as an anti-fraud measure.

Disclosure 3 - Insurance

Please find enclosed copies of our liability insurance cover. ……………………………………………………………….. undertakes unequivocally to pay for, any damage or injuries that occur to The Householder, or any person present with the Housholder’s consent (excluding the persons requesting this visit), on his/her property as a result of this visit.

Signed__________________

Date____________________

Disclosure 4 - Personal details

All persons wishing to enter the property of The Householder must fill in the following details. There may or may not be children/vulnerable adults present at the property, and their safety and well being is of paramount concern. Only those who have filled in all of the following will be granted access to the property.

First Name/s

Surname

Home Address

Telephone Number

Mobile Telephone Number

Email Address

Any previous address in the past ten years

Please list all employees’ places of work as part of your ten year checkable work history

Religion

National Insurance Number

Inside leg measurement #

No of children

Car make, model and registration number

Signed_________________

Date___________________

Please enclose copies of all qualifications back as far as GCSE/O-level.

Please enclose copies of your passport and driving licence

Please provide your Criminal Records Bureau Check form – the original, not a copy.

Please enclose the names of two referees who meet current passport application requirements who are not employees of the state.

# Required for installed biometric identification system

• Thumbs Up 1