Please Sign This E-Petition

Jamer

Clear Legal Guidelines For Parents Wanting To Photograph Or Film Their Kids At School Events

Responsible department: Department for Education

I would like the government to give clear guidleines in the form of leaflets etc for schools on the guidelines and laws concerning parents being able to photograph or film their kids at schools events, such as school plays, concerts, sports days etc... I am fed up with being told that I cannot photograph my kids! even though there is no law preventing this, we live in a paranoid World, unfortunately my family album will have massive gaps in it from my children's school days. "Stand ready to challenge any schools or councils that say 'bah, humbug' to a bit of festive fun." I didn't write the above headline, it was said by the UK government's Information Commissioner, Christopher Graham.The full quote is: ""Armed with our guidance, parents should feel free to snap away this Christmas and stand ready to challenge any schools or councils that say 'bah, humbug' to a bit of festive fun." I want the government to produce notices explaining that it is okay to photograph your kids!

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/15364/signature/new