Off to Wembley....Questions!

sparks

Taking our 8yr old to her first big gig next week - Green Day at Wembley Stadium.

However, the last train back to the south coast is too early to get to (after a trek across London) unless we leave before the end or take the 1.00am one that takes 4hrs instead of 1hr 20 !

Does anyone live in the Wembley area and can tell me where I can park near a tube station as I can't park at the stadium.

At the old wembley we would always park on outskirts of London and tube it in. So much easier and cheaper and of course tube straight to ground which is quite an amazing site as the tube doors open. For us this was always Hillingdon but looking at tube map south would be something like Wimbledon.

Ah right m8 i suppose it one of those th9ngs you'd have to book well in advance. Wonder where about A1w lives might be able to help with ideas. BTW did notice a premier inn just near to the ground no chance of staying over the night is their.

Have they put extra days on btw though they wheren't appearing wembley till June m8.

Wonder where about A1w lives might be able to help with ideas.
I'm no use m8 come out in a rash when i leave my manor, what time does the gig finish Sparks?

Have they put extra days on btw though they wheren't appearing wembley till June m8.
Manchester on the 16th June, London on the 19th and Glasgow on the 21st

All1

what time does the gig finish Sparks?

All1

Apparently about 11pm is the cut off, but the queues at Wembley park are supposed to be quite bad. ...

But there's no way I'll be able to drag Green Day's biggest 8 yr old fan away early !

Well my plans would have been to drive in and get off at a tube station closer to Wembley (something on the Jubilee line, maybe something like Kilburn or Willesden Green) and then tube it in only 3 or 4 stops if i remember right, but only problem with that is if the thing over runs a fair bit you could miss last tube back to where your car is, of course you could try and grab a black but from my experience there as rare as rocking horse sh1t.

Maybe you could check out google and work how long it will be if you had to walk it from Wembley to car/tube station but don't know how well it would go down with your little one, sorry i could not be of much use but ain't been up that for a fair while now.

All1

Use this site;

http://www.parkatmyhouse.co.uk/information/rent-a-parking-space/

Was very, very helpful, when I took the Missus to see Madonna.

There was a pub a stone throw away offering parking spaces. But simply join up & check out which people are offering to use their parking space...Used them 2 - 3 times now..

I'm going to see Green Day in June at some point too :o)

Not sure how I'm travelling up there yet but there is plenty of parking near me (Hounslow West) although you would probably find somewhere a lot closer if you look around.

I'll send you over my number, perhaps we can grab a drink and a bite to eat beforehand.

I don't even know what time it starts come to think of it!!! We can talk nearer the time and if its not possible beforehand I'm sure we can meet up inside at some point, are you seated or standing?

Doors open at 4.30pm, but there are no firm start/finish times available atm. Bought the tickets quite late, so we're seated 'right up in the gods'!