Speaking of New Ideas

heavy1

Haven't seen anything on here pertaining to this so thought I would post it. It is only the beginning of the article. If you want the whole article, I can post it.

The UK's tax collection agency is putting forth a proposal that all employers send employee paychecks to the government, after which the government would deduct what it deems as the appropriate tax and pay the employees by bank transfer.

That is incredibly dangerous!

Giving the government control over OUR wages and bank accounts is like letting GG loose in a playground!

And it was their 'calculations' that caused the problems in the first place...cynical me thinks that cock-up may well have been engineered with this proposal in mind...

Having had dealings with them in the past. If they make a cockup it takes ages to get the money back, but if you make a cockup they want it straight away, if not there is interest to be paid. So i for one would not want them getting hold of any cash i earned before i did.

I have been following this with interest when I first heard about it a few months back.

They have been sending out consultation papers to software companies that provide payroll services such as sage, 123 pay etc.

Not one is in agreement and have said its such a dangerous road to go down.

I provide payroll services myself and this will just never work. Look at the fiasco with the NHS trying to centalise all that.

I actually don't think it will ever work or come into practice except for stage 1 which is maybe sending what is due in realtime rather than at the end of the year.

Derren

Unfortunately derren, despite assurances to the contrary, the NHS debacle is continuing...

I have no reason to believe that this idea will not be implemented because it has so many other 'benefits' to the government...

What about that disputed fine - just deduct it...

disputed child maintenance - just deduct it...

etc etc...

And hands up anyone who knows exactly how something like child tax credits are worked out...would you know if you were underpaid £10 each month?

It would be a nice little earner if everyone's payments were a bit over, but not enough to raise suspicion, wouldn't it... :Winky:

Above all, it means the government has even more control over our lives - so much for a less centralised system!

Of course it won't work properly, but the big software companies wield too much influence...despite all their cock-ups, don't be surprised if EADS gets the nod...

What type of paycheck will have to go to the government gross or net remember this is the UK government so you have to ask as they like to tax you 2 times if they can.

And when the government see how much setting all this up will costs what will they do to cut the cost a lot have the database in Nigeria and a security check is filling in a questionnaire that is then put away.

And when it starts to f**k up you will get all the staff pass the security check so it ant that.