Renew photo on your driving licence

Alloneword

Well got that DVLA thing come through this morning asking me to reapply for my photo driving licence (nother £20 for the poxy Govt) I know a few years ago there was an issue where DVLA were loosing what you were entitled to drive and hence people had to resit tests, Is it safe to send this off nowadays or are they still ballsing things up.

All1

As far as I know they are still f*cking things up - there was another watchdog item on this issue earlier this year.

My advice if you are worried is to copy your existing licence (both parts) and have it notarised by a solicitor in case they do make a mistake...

I assume you are concerned about the reports of loss of entitlement to ride a bike?

I assume you are concerned about the reports of loss of entitlement to ride a bike?
Bingo m8.

My advice if you are worried is to copy your existing licence (both parts) and have it notarised by a solicitor in case they do make a mistake...
Hmmm any idea how much they would charge for that? I mean it must take all of 15 mins so guess i'm looking at £400+ :Hmm:

All1

Yea but my worry is for years now i have seen/read about DVLA screwing up your entitlement to ride/drive, a while ago i saw a report on some guy who had PSV, HGV and normal car licence and sent it back and it came back with a full bike entitlement and sod all else plus he'd never riden a bike in his life, and he was a trucker and bang went his driving job, he was lucky he got a job in there office while he sat it again but it cost him/his boss a lot of money, this is my real concern and i can't even go back to the test centre and it's no longer running.

All1

Out of the millions that renew their licences every year, you probably have read or seen something about every single one that has cocked up. The percentage is probably very very small and not really significant. If in doubt get a certified copy of the original or say the original has been lost and keep it.

The thing is, it doesn't matter about the percentage if it directly affects you....

And I read somewhere that the motorbike c*ck-up affected up to 20,000 people!

Mind you, I wouldn't mind being one of those given entitlement to drive something I hadn't taken a test for... :Winky:

or say the original has been lost and keep it.
What a simple idea that would save a lot of grief just say it's lost then if they do screw it up then i can say i have found it, thanks for the suggestion Mr Grumpy.

20,000 sod that I know it cost me about £500 to get my bike licence with all costs involved hireing the bike etc so god know what it would cost today.

All1