Come on Pad members, its time to 'pay it forwad'

Ogre

Ok members this idea has been mulling around in my head for over a week and I need to act on it.

This post;

http://www.jamerspad...showtopic=26936

really got me thinking.

I've never met djweeble but he's always offered advice, links to stuff, been an active member etc and I want to do something to make his daughters life easier.

I'm proposing that we, the pad members, get some karma in our lives. It's time to 'pay it forward'.

We are going to raise some money and send it to djweeble. The only proviso is that he has to spend it on something he feels will benefit Kirsten. A day out, an ipod, whatever... it's his choice.

Members - you have a year. I'm aiming to send djweeble a cheque next December, 2012. It doesn't matter if that cheque is for £10 or £1000. Whatever we raise we're paying it forward. Good stuff will come back to you one day.

So take some time to think about what you could do... a sponsored event, sell something, maybe you could persuade another forum your on to join in, anything to raise a few pennies. It will all add up.

Come on folks - this is what the pad is all about - our community.

Djweeble, you have a good Christmas with the family. We'll do our part over the next year.

Step up to the breach folks, stand up, be counted - PAY IT FORWARD.

Ok members this idea has been mulling around in my head for over a week and I need to act on it.

This post;

http://www.jamerspad...showtopic=26936

really got me thinking.

I've never met djweeble but he's always offered advice, links to stuff, been an active member etc and I want to do something to make his daughters life easier.

I'm proposing that we, the pad members, get some karma in our lives. It's time to 'pay it forward'.

We are going to raise some money and send it to djweeble. The only proviso is that he has to spend it on something he feels will benefit Kirsten. A day out, an ipod, whatever... it's his choice.

Members - you have a year. I'm aiming to send djweeble a cheque next December, 2012. It doesn't matter if that cheque is for £10 or £1000. Whatever we raise we're paying it forward. Good stuff will come back to you one day.

So take some time to think about what you could do... a sponsored event, sell something, maybe you could persuade another forum your on to join in, anything to raise a few pennies. It will all add up.

Come on folks - this is what the pad is all about - our community.

Djweeble, you have a good Christmas with the family. We'll do our part over the next year.

Step up to the breach folks, stand up, be counted - PAY IT FORWARD.

Already working on your idea, we need to set up a bank account that people can deposit to, is this something you can sort out Ogre?

Am happy to collect cheques in and make one payment out to djweeble. (I think I've been around long enough to become trusted).

Come on folks - start the grey matter working and come up with one idea before the end of this year

Am happy to collect cheques in and make one payment out to djweeble. (I think I've been around long enough to become trusted).

Come on folks - start the grey matter working and come up with one idea before the end of this year

Of course your trusted bud just trying to think of ways to make it easier all around, as Mark has suggested a Paypal account is a good idea, one the lots could pay directly into.

Ok, no probs - will set one up as soon as the first events/donations start to roll in.

Or possibly djweeble already has one and we'll just pay straight into that.

If you can set one up then I will send out a mass email to all our members

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't written anything here, but I really don't know what to write. I saw this topic about an hour after Ogre put it up, and I was literally gob-smacked. I still don't know what to say, so I'm just going to post a copy of my reply to his message telling me about it.

Hi Xxxx,

Sorry for the late reply, but I really and truthfully don't know what to say mister.

Thanks for thinking about us, and I really appreciate what you're doing, but I'm going to stay out of the topic for now unless I really need to put some input into it.

Kirsten doesn't know about this, and I'm not going to tell her anything yet, as things are not going so well here at the moment, some of the symptoms are really starting to show now, and in such a short time since she was told about it. Maybe it's the mental effect of having it finally confirmed.

This place has been a sort of internet based, second home to me for gawd knows how many years now, about 20 I think, and I know I've pissed off a few people here more than a couple of times, so the topic came as a bit of a surprise to me.

Anyway, like I wrote above, I really don't know what to say, so I'm going to back out of this gracefully before I start rambling on about all sorts of sh!t.

Thanks Xxxx, it's really appreciated.

Phil

And a big heartfelt thanks to everyone that feels the need to get involved.

I'll keep popping in, but unless someone wants any specific information, I probably won't be posting anything.

All the best for Christmas people, and thank you all again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

(cough - cough)

Now 6 - halfway through and the pot has a total of £0 in it.

I'm happy if people pay into my paypal account and at the end I'll forward it to DJWeeble.

Time to start thinking people.

• 1 month later...