Sign in to follow this  
Charlottes Web

PM's to Newbies

OK. I will take the lead on Tat2Bob's suggestion.

I have sent PM's to

lankythecamel

anonymous123

ladykiller

Mods- do we need a sticky on this so everyone is up to date?

I feel im missing something, whats the rationale behing PM'ing newbies?

I guess because its like joining a new club and walking into the meeting area and members coming up to greet you.

You would feel pretty damn miserable if you got the courage up to join a club and walked in and nobody spoke with you.

In a virtual way of course.........but the principle is similar.

thanx mrs magic, im a bit slow on the uptake, thanx for clarifying that for me :thumbup: its actually a very good idea :thumbsup:

If thats the case, wouldnt it be a good idea to add a new group alongside, "admin" "moderators" and "vip" the group "mentor" these people will greet all new members and shows them around for the first initial few days build their confidence and encourage them to post.

takes the pressure off moderators, what dya think?

thanx mrs magic, im a bit slow on the uptake, thanx for clarifying that for me :thumbup: its actually a very good idea :thumbsup:

If thats the case, wouldnt it be a good idea to add a new group alongside, "admin" "moderators" and "vip" the group "mentor" these people will greet all new members and shows them around for the first initial few days build their confidence and encourage them to post.

I totally agree, that is a nice position to have and definately think it would be beneficial.

theres a auto message mod that can be installed which can do this for these forums, would save manually messaging new members.

as a member joins or makes his or her first post they receive a welcome greeting.

just a thought ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

theres a auto message mod that can be installed which can do this for these forums, would save manually messaging new members.

as a member joins or makes his or her first post they receive a welcome greeting.

just a thought ;)

Yes I will look at installing this sometime later this week.

Just welcomed Sharky to the board via PM

You mean welcomed her back, she is an old member here, but thanks anyway

Excellent idea :thumbsup:

(and please ignore Jamer's last comment to Dodger :thumbsdown:)

Its a great idea but the efficiency is lacking. I've been here 10 minutes now and not a single pm :Cry: :p

Light weight

I missed the love :)

He's a liar too . . .

I PM'd him :Scull:

I take offence to this libellous remark, it took you nearly 44 minutes to bang out a PM. :sniff: :Cry: I nearly died of loneliness :p

PS. my lawyer will be in touch regarding the deformation of character.

Sent 28 October 2010 - 08:57 PMhttp://www.jamerspad...=0

:Scull:

P.S. Welcome back mister, long time no see !

feeling lonely troops,am i stilllllll a newbie? or can i just wiggle me jiggle under me kilt n pour u all a smirnny and chat bout old times,lol

Keep post Balloch-Boy and you will have a whole new World open up to you :Winky: