Router advice needed

daveb47

my last router was TP-link router Archer and was great on the wifi coverage, i now have a gaming router but that's expensive, only got as my son was mad on gaming and sorted a lot of issues. not sure what to recommend, you need one to go with your connection, gigabit ports, Dual band wifi speeds and make sure its got a good cpu to keep up with all your devices and connections.  Always best to compare and review routers for the best combination of features

Stay away from Netgear (They look good when they come out but you will only get 1 or 2 firmware updates then they expect you to buy a new one every 3 or 4 years)

If WiFi is important get WiFi6 (important that your first wifi6 device is a router) if your on a wird network then gigabit ports are needed.

The best i can see for £100 is this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Next-Gen-Gigabit-Wireless-1201Mbps/dp/B083QK8HT2

Dave all the TP Link WiFi6 routers have the new UI so are a lot more easy to set up