Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jamer

JamersPad For Sale

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

Sadly, I cannot keep pumping money into the website any longer with the lack of contributors. I set up JamersPad back in 1997 so yes believe it or not we have been here for 22 years! 

website4sale.jpg

I have met some fantastic friends along the way but it is time to hand  it all over to someone with some fresh ideas.

I am not looking for thousands but looking for a sensible offer which includes the domain, I will transfer the forum licence over and include a few themes that I bought along the way.

I will keep our Facebook page alive so that we all have a place where we can meet. You can still find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc..

Just received another invoice for a further six months hosting and don't really want to pay again (£70)... Please feel free to drop me a PM or reply here if you are interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad but i thought the day would come, given the amount of activity on the board has gone downhill a large amount over time, shame.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no, this is indeed a sad day. Thank you for all of your support Jamer over the years, shame we can't keep the site going for another year or something

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noooo I love this website, maybe we can send you a donation ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Zorro said:

Sad news indeed. Always been my first stop when I turn my computer on.

Any way to fund it from ads?

At one time, but we are not getting the numbers at the moment. To be honest £250 per year would cover it all it is just difficult for me to keep justifying paying out, I also run two other sites, one is my daughters (singer) and the other is a local website more of a community website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a very sad day.Been here since day one and have it set as my home page.

you have been a star Jamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamerspad has been amazing and what an adventure.  Met new friends here, learned so much and managed to save quite a lot on movies and software with recommendations of where to get things cheaper 🙂

Like you Jamer I have also run sites that now are not visited and have closed them.

 

Its such a shame however facebook still has a legacy of Jamerspad and it hopefully can go someway to fill this huge void.

Jamer - also thanks for your hard work over the years and all the mods etc

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamer, I'm far from a lover of FB and avoid it as much as i can, so if this place is going how do you feel if someone started a thread to find out if others on here use another site so we can all (who want to) stay together in some way, maybe a post not in a public forum, what are your and other members houghts on doing this? I'm just trying to keep some of us in a single place for those who want to avoid FB.

 

All1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised you haven't closed a long time back jamer. 

It must be painful to keep coughing up and seeing so few posters or visitors.

As I've said before, I've been here from almost the beginning under different names as I was banned a couple of times. (That troy fella really didn't like me)

And lol, alloneword called me a C**t a couple of times hehe (probably deserved as I was being one)

But in the beginning it was a great place to get software etc that was hard to find. and ironically, it's getting hard to find again with all the ISP's blocking everything.

 

Even IPTV is going down the pan at the moment. Did you read about the big raid in all the european countries.

They got to the main hub, confiscated all the equipment and 55 million illegal subscribers lost their connection.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/09/2019 at 22:47, Alloneword said:

Jamer, I'm far from a lover of FB and avoid it as much as i can, so if this place is going how do you feel if someone started a thread to find out if others on here use another site so we can all (who want to) stay together in some way, maybe a post not in a public forum, what are your and other members houghts on doing this? I'm just trying to keep some of us in a single place for those who want to avoid FB.

 

All1

Absolutely fine with an alternative forum or group somewhere, no problems because I really want to keep in touch with all our friends here. I will have a look around and see if I can fine free hosting somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rother said:

I'm surprised you haven't closed a long time back jamer. 

It must be painful to keep coughing up and seeing so few posters or visitors.

As I've said before, I've been here from almost the beginning under different names as I was banned a couple of times. (That troy fella really didn't like me)

And lol, alloneword called me a C**t a couple of times hehe (probably deserved as I was being one)

But in the beginning it was a great place to get software etc that was hard to find. and ironically, it's getting hard to find again with all the ISP's blocking everything.

 

Even IPTV is going down the pan at the moment. Did you read about the big raid in all the european countries.

They got to the main hub, confiscated all the equipment and 55 million illegal subscribers lost their connection.

 

 

 

 

 

Yes, read all about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rother said:

And lol, alloneword called me a C**t a couple of times hehe (probably deserved as I was being one)

What do you expect i'm half Scottish, diplomacy is a disgusting word.

As for ISP just get a simple little VPN, never used them up untill a few months ago and works like a charm, i can often be found at midnight onwards watching Aussie TV, for your info i use Express VPN but they a bit pricey

Edited by Alloneword

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jamer said:

it would help if you all keep you're existing usernames.

Dare i say it would also help if people popped in now and then to see what's going on and made a few posts or replies, otherwise new place will die a death if only half a dozen poor souls visit.

 

All1

Soz if i speak out of line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/10/2019 at 23:27, Alloneword said:

Dare i say it would also help if people popped in now and then to see what's going on and made a few posts or replies, otherwise new place will die a death if only half a dozen poor souls visit.

 

All1

Soz if i speak out of line

I agree, lets see if we can get it back to being busy again! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

see my post here, could not access when in Croatia for some reason, seems a shame to loose years of content

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gazza said:

see my post here, could not access when in Croatia for some reason, seems a shame to loose years of content

Hi Gazza, Not sure why you could not access from Croatia..hopefully we can keep this website going for the next 6 months.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jamer said:

Hi Gazza, Not sure why you could not access from Croatia..hopefully we can keep this website going for the next 6 months.

I would put it down to poor internet access, so ignore it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...