I should be able to photograph my kids!

Jamer

Everytime I want to film or photograph my kids, whether its at the school athletics or if they are performing on a stage your told you cant! why not?? It's not like there are other kids walking around in skimpy costumes, pathetic! gunna start a campaign as we will have no memories of our children when they get older.

Even when you do film or photograph other people look at you as if your some sort of paedophile :Furious:

I think that we should challenge all schools and authorities who prevent us recording these precious memories

People with such corrupt minds as to see perversion everywhere they look are the ones with the real problem. The vast majority of people are decent, well-meaning and caring. If paranoid parents or organisations don't want to allow photography of children that is up to them but stop using non-existent laws to make decent human beings feel like they have done something wrong when they haven't.

The Childrens Act makes it illegal to take INDECENT photos of children or to create INDECENT pseudo images of children (under 18's).

Why do people find that so hard to understand.

Children in bathing costumes or babies at bath times are not indecent as long as there is no sexually suggestive content.

INDECENT = NO WAY

DECENT = OK

People who find them sexually suggestive have the problems not the children nor the photographers.

I'm sorry Jamer but i think we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

We let these so called doo gooders come up with these crazy ideas and what do the great British public do?

Sod all.

We the great unwashed should be more vocal, it does not always work take the 1m+ people who took to the streets about the war and we still went into it, but sometimes kicking up a fuss does work, I mean what would happen if every person took a camera into the play what will plod/staff do nick all the parents not to mention siblings that have mobiles with cameras, kick every one out of the school, well that would be good xx number of kids playing to just staff, not to mention how much the local press would love it, or remove your kids until they change policy, now if you do this on your own no doubt jack sh1t will happen but what if you got you kids whole year behind you, so monday morning not a single kid turns up in year 7 or whatever, you telling me the policy would not chanage, i think it would it may take time but why should anyone tell you that you can't take pics of your own kids, also can you explain the difference between the school having CCTV images of your kids, i mean what's to say one of the teachers is not looking at those CCTV images in a sick way, don't say it won't happen as they have been CRB checked that's as much use as used toilet paper.

The British public need to take a stand, but i fear that will be a very long way off before we do...

CRB check worth jack sh1t

All1

I'm sorry Jamer but i think we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

We let these so called doo gooders come up with these crazy ideas and what do the great British public do?

Sod all.

We the great unwashed should be more vocal, it does not always work take the 1m+ people who took to the streets about the war and we still went into it, but sometimes kicking up a fuss does work, I mean what would happen if every person took a camera into the play what will plod/staff do nick all the parents not to mention siblings that have mobiles with cameras, kick every one out of the school, well that would be good xx number of kids playing to just staff, not to mention how much the local press would love it, or remove your kids until they change policy, now if you do this on your own no doubt jack sh1t will happen but what if you got you kids whole year behind you, so monday morning not a single kid turns up in year 7 or whatever, you telling me the policy would not chanage, i think it would it may take time but why should anyone tell you that you can't take pics of your own kids, also can you explain the difference between the school having CCTV images of your kids, i mean what's to say one of the teachers is not looking at those CCTV images in a sick way, don't say it won't happen as they have been CRB checked that's as much use as used toilet paper.

The British public need to take a stand, but i fear that will be a very long way off before we do...

CRB check worth jack sh1t

All1

I totally agree Allone, I always kick off when someone says I cant take pictures! besides there is no law against it at all!! The thing that really bothers me is when you start to take pictures everyone frowns upon it and look at you like your some sort of Paedo

I think there maybe more people than you think getting fed up with this practice of not being aloud to photograph their kids, last year at my sons "winter festival" concert (2 muslim kids in the school so xmas is banned!) we were all told that cameras were not aloud to be used during the performance so when a professional photographer with video camera turned up to record the event 5 parents pulled there kids out of the show until he was removed or we were aloud to use our own cameras, as one of the kids was the star of the show guess who started taking pictures?

The parents!

The thing that really bothers me is when you start to take pictures everyone frowns upon it and look at you like your some sort of Paedo

Jesus that does surprise me i would have thought you'd have got more support or maybe they were p1ssed they didn't bring there cameras.

Use a bit of reverse psychology If the headmaster say's you can not take photos ask is it about

"The Childrens Act that makes it illegal to take INDECENT photos of children" If they say YES

ask Why are they putting on an INDECENT Nativity play when they say it is not INDECENT ask again

why you can not take photos as it's not about the law if they say no again try to make him/her look a bit

on the dum side (easy to do on the doo gooders and the like) then after this

say I ant having a dum headmaster incharge of my Children's education.

Or you can do what I did at my niece's Nativity play I sead I had a Family member bedridden who like to see the play.

Everytime I want to film or photograph my kids, whether its at the school athletics or if they are performing on a stage your told you cant! why not?? It's not like there are other kids walking around in skimpy costumes, ###### pathetic! gunna start a campaign as we will have no memories of our children when they get older.

Even when you do film or photograph other people look at you as if your some sort of paedophile :Furious:

I think that we should challenge all schools and authorities who prevent us recording these precious memories

Give me your camera and I'll tell the school I'm from the Times

Who said you CAN'T? Headteacher, teacher, support teacher, another parent, gardener, groundsman, security, the bloke with the thick rimmed glasses , wearing a dirty mac?

Gunna make a big fuss again next time this happens

I must admit the two schools our kids have attended so far have put "Photography/video at any school event is welcome as long as you don't obstruct the view of other parents" at the bottom of each publicity letter/note ...They also ask if parents are willing to have their kid's photos published in the paper. On this latter point we have said no, as there are often objectionable companies (such as McF*ckingDonalds) 'sponsoring' school events to try and get some good exposure, but we ain't going along with that!

And we also have sports days where kids are allowed to lose, and each term they have an award for the best 4 pupils in each class - and no, it doesn't have to be 2 boys and 2 girls!

But as to Cobras point, but in a different context we can turn the tables too. If our kids join us on a demo, and if the FIT team are doing their usual intimidatory filming, I make a point of asking for their ID and ask them to stop filming the kids. If asked why, I tell them (quite loudly) that "how I can be sure some perv back at the station won't be viewing it!". Some actually stop!

I think it's a modern day myth that you can't video your children at school.

I'm sure I read somewhere that it's down to the individual school to make a 'recommendation'.

Let me know if you can point us to where you read about this.

I have just foumd this article;

Parents who want to take photos of their children in school plays or at sports days can once again snap happily away.

The privacy watchdog says authorities that have banned parents taking shots for the family album are wrongly interpreting the rules.

Relatives wanting to take pictures at nativity plays, sports days or other public events are often told that doing so would breach the Data Protection Act.

But the Office of the Information Commissioner has said this interpretation of the law is simply wrong.

It decreed that any picture taken for the family photograph album would normally be acceptable.

This guidance can now be used by parents and grandparents to challenge 'barmy' rulings relating to the upcoming school sports day season.

Deputy Information Commissioner David Smith said: 'We recognise that parents want to capture significant moments on camera.

'We want to reassure them and other family members that whatever they might be told, data protection does not prevent them taking photographs of their children and friends at school events.

'Photographs taken for the family photo album are exempt from the Act and citing the Data Protection Act to stop people taking photos or filming their children at school is wrong.'

The guidance, sent to education authorities across the country, says: 'Fear of breaching the provisions of the Act should not be wrongly used to stop people taking photographs or videos which provide many with much pleasure.

'Where the Act does apply, a common sense approach suggests that if the photographer asks for permission to take a photograph, this will usually be enough to ensure compliance.'

Specific examples of what is allowed includes a parent taking 'a photograph of their child and some friends taking part in the school sports day to be put in the family photo album'.

The video recording of school nativity plays is also listed as being acceptable.

The guidance says that, in some cases, official school photographs or visits by newspaper photographers may be covered by data protection laws.

But provided that parents and children are informed about what is happening, there should be no problem in these cases. Earlier this month, the Mail reported how parents at Mrs Ethelston's Church of England Primary School were upset after being told they could not take pictures of their own children at sports day.

The village school in Uplyme, Devon, cited changes to child protection legislation for the ban on cameras.

Headmistress Andrea Rice said 'vulnerable pupils' needed to be protected.

There has been a string of similar cases in which parents were stopped from taking pictures at school events.

Margaret Morrissey, of pressure group Parents Outloud, said: 'I am really pleased that common sense has broken out. We have to be sensible about this and allow families to build up histories of their children and stop spoiling life for those parents who want to be involved.'

http://www.visit-gloucestershire.co.uk/boards/topic/6322-you-cant-ban-parents-from-taking-pictures-schools-told/

The trouble is jamer, as has been pointed out several times, 'common sense' left the building years ago..

One of the biggest crimes nu labour committed was to make people believe that there must be a rule for everything, which is not suprising since they gave us as many 'laws' in 10 years as we had had in the previous 400 ! So rather than run the risk of doing something that was rumoured to be wrong, there was a move towards banning things that weren't.

The new lot have started to put a tiny bit of that right (whilst completely f*cking the rest of the country), but what it will take is for people to indeed challenge this non-ban!

Well done about the petition. :Thumbs_Up1:

I am too old to have any kids at school but when they were I did take videos and photos at every possible moment which means I now have invaluable memories of my daughter who unfortunately isn't with us any more. I have signed the petition to help any families, who may be unfortunate enough to go through the same as us, have those memories recorded. They can never be repeated.

:Thumbs_Up1: :Thumbs_Up1:

Well done about the petition. :Thumbs_Up1:

I am too old to have any kids at school but when they were I did take videos and photos at every possible moment which means I now have invaluable memories of my daughter who unfortunately isn't with us any more. I have signed the petition to help any families, who may be unfortunate enough to go through the same as us, have those memories recorded. They can never be repeated.

:Thumbs_Up1: :Thumbs_Up1:

Thank you for signing our petition and I am so sorry to hear about your daughter.

Welcome to JamersPad too :Thumbs_Up1:

Thank you for signing our petition and I am so sorry to hear about your daughter.

Welcome to JamersPad too :Thumbs_Up1:

Old Grumps has been around a while mate, but just lurking in the shadows :Laugh: I know him from elsewhere as well.

I signed a few days back, I think I was second or third on there.

Keep it up Jamer.

Old Grumps has been around a while mate, but just lurking in the shadows :Laugh: I know him from elsewhere as well.

I signed a few days back, I think I was second or third on there.

Keep it up Jamer.

Well I have just noticed he joined up in 2008, think he is overdue an upgrade to VIP status.

i recieved the petition in email and had to sign it, im not a parent myself but ive heard all about this and find it damn right pathetic, bloody pedophiles have to ruin everything and people have to get it into their thick heads that not everyone who wants photoes of their kids are sick in the head

i recieved the petition in email and had to sign it, im not a parent myself but ive heard all about this and find it damn right pathetic, bloody pedophiles have to ruin everything and people have to get it into their thick heads that not everyone who wants photoes of their kids are sick in the head

Thanks for signing and welcome back!! :Thumbs_Up1:

• 2 weeks later...

I've just signed...But do you reckon the Government are going to Back down? This doesn't involve money unfortunately & those dam Nonce's are stressing out the way we live.

When my Son was in a swimming Gala, around 5 years ago, Teachers & Pool attendants said a blatant NO!! to any photos.

21st Century vibe unfortunately & truly sad now, as we are teaching our kids to live in fear, rather than counter acting those evil Mo' Fo's.. (It's a real close line, as it involves some crazy situations of late..check out those sick people in Plymouth I think, Teachers in a Nursery..Sick!! :Furious: )

But do you reckon the Government are going to Back down?

Depends how you go about it...

I've been involved in several victories when the issues were 'lost causes'...

This doesn't involve money unfortunately & those dam Nonce's are stressing out the way we live.

They are stressing us, or are we letting ourselves be stressed?

It's a classic tactic to make people paranoid and thus bring in measures that are not justified!

21st Century vibe unfortunately & truly sad now, as we are teaching our kids to live in fear, rather than counter acting those evil Mo' Fo's

Personally I'm not teaching our kids to live in fear, but to be careful...I had the same approach when I travelled extensively to some risky areas (at the time), and I

noticed that those who got into trouble normally tended to be the paranoid ones..

Aww come on!

Hands up anyone whose mum doesn't have at least one embarrassing photo of you as a baby in the bath or bearing your arse that she never fails to show your girl friend?

Have you seen a London primary school lately?

Eight foot high rush matting wired to the traditional railings...

How many peados with cameras are there for f**cks sake?

Beigism gone mad!!