Not been about recently

daveb47

Been ill,Bit of heart problems,also got silly amount of back pain,so it even hurts to sit down now.

Be about a bit more now i hope.Not that i got much to say as i cant even go into garden nowadays.

Been 7 years today since i last went except for medical reasons.

Pc is a godsend,mainly youtube & videos altho i still have my forum which has has 1 post (by me) in over a year.
 Just upgraded to Virgin Gig+ internet,getting 950 mbps down & 45mbps up which is nice.

Hope you are all well?

On 22/05/2021 at 16:29, daveb47 said:

Been ill,Bit of heart problems,also got silly amount of back pain,so it even hurts to sit down now.

Be about a bit more now i hope.Not that i got much to say as i cant even go into garden nowadays.

Pc is a godsend,mainly youtube & videos altho i still have my forum which has has 1 post (by me) in over a year.
 Just upgraded to Virgin Gig+ internet,getting 950 mbps down & 45mbps up which is nice.

Hope you are all well?

Good to see you here Dave. Some fast speeds there! 

On 22/05/2021 at 16:29, daveb47 said:

Hope you are all well?

good to hear from you Dave, i did notice you weren't about as some are regulars here each day.

sorry to hear your health is worse at the moment, hope that back pain gets easier for you.

That makes my internet speed looks like i am crawling along, only 150 here. When i first moved in 6 years ago it was just 2mbps until the upgraded the local cabinet to fibre.  real pain to do anything and used to borrow others connections to down load stuff😁

Take care

Gaz

Virgin are all good and fast till some joyrider crashes into that green box outside your home.

Your on Gig+ 95% down and 4.5% up you do know that's non even a Gig let alone a Gig+ the ISPs really need to start giving uploads @ 100mbps on any Gig package they sell.

900mbps down 100mbps up for a Gig package and 1000+mbps down and 100+mbps up for any Gig+ package (personally I'd like a 500mbps down 500mbps up package)

anyhow dave i hope your back pain can be treated and softed out for you.

You have just reminded me Dave.

A few weeks ago, I decided to leave Virgin Media. The bill was going up every 4 months to the point I was paying over £100 a month and not using half the services.

All I liked was the internet connection. 100MB is fast enough for me.

It was hell of a job getting shut - they pass you around until you give up

They would not give me a good deal on just an internet connection.

They wanted £44 just for that so I said disconnect the lot - the internet, the tv package and the house phone (which is never used)

On the day of disconnection they called me. Trying to offer me a good deal. I said no - I was already in the process of getting another provider for the internet.

Then I was passed to another person and bingo, an offer I could not refuse was given. £22 for 200MB for 18 months with no price increase and I can cancel anytime.

Only when they are sure you are leaving will they offer such deals.

Sorry about your health problems Dave. It's lovely getting old eh.

• 4 weeks later...

At least you're still here Dave, more than can be said for most of the members now Farcebook has destroyed the forum world !

BTW, I know what it's like to be getting old....... 60 now myself..... and gradually seizing up at the joints ......

At least my brain still works...... unlike some of the woke pre programmed younger end that are up and coming.......

I despair for the world, and especially for my newest daughter..... 11 months old and absolutely gorgeous 🥰

Photo's are available if anyone is interested 😂